lunes, 12 de noviembre de 2007

Mauricio

This morning, I received some bad news about an old friend of mine. Manuel Mijares Ferreiro (1950-2007), passed away yesterday at the Iztaccíhuatl volcano. He had a fall while coming down from Las Agujas, a moderate but exposed route in Iztaccíhuatl's head.Manuel was my mountaineering instructor in middle school and a good friend for a couple of years after. I have a lot of very good memories from those years in which I made some of my best friends to date.To many, Manuel was a controversial person, a character whose strong personality and ideas sometimes conflicted with other people's minds. To me, he was a mentor who several times encouraged me to push my limits to accomplish my goals. He was a good friend who always had faith on me.I'm sad because of his sudden death, but happy because he passed away while he was doing what the liked the most: climbing one his beloved mountains. Rest in peace Manuel, one day we'll meet again in the other life.

No hay comentarios: